• For context-specific help in many windows, type '?' or click the '?' button
Large files are initially compressed to fit the plot window. Shift between entire file mode (shows all the data) and active screen mode (shows a ‘screen’ with 1 pixel per case) with the '∆ view' toolbar button (if visible) or by hitting the 'return' key or spacebar. To shift between ‘screens’, use the slider below the plot area, or the left and right arrow keys.
For most analyses, you must select a data block. To do this, either:
(1) Move the cursor to one edge of the desired block and click once. Then move the cursor to the other edge (either right or left) and again click once.
(2) Move the cursor to one edge of the desired segment, click and hold the mouse button down, and drag the cursor to the other edge (the normal 'click-and-drag' procedure).
• Block selection can be done across multiple screens.
A selected block is highlighted in the plot area and shown in this window, and all ANALYZE menu selections and buttons become active. To select a new block, repeat either procedure.
• Blocks can include any number of cases, up to the entire file (A)
• To clear a block, use the ‘clear block' option in the EDIT menu or hit the 'esc' or 'clear' key.
• Blocks of fixed duration are set with the 'block width' option in the ANALYZE 'utilities' menu. Move the box frame around the plot area and click once to select a block.
• To change channels, use the channels popup (upper right), the 'up' and 'down' arrows, or hit a number key corresponding to the (1- 9; ‘0’ = channel 10; use the 'shift' key for higher numbers up to 20, e.g., shift-2 for 12).
• See the HELP menu for more detail.